Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Conor


My baby boy is 8! It was his birthday yesterday. It doesn't feel like I've been a mother for 8 years. Usually when you've done a job for 8 years you should feel like you know what you're doing! But sometimes I really don't! I love being a mum, but it is sometimes challenging. But looking at my gorgeous boy and how proud I am of him all I can say is that I can't wait for what the future brings.

He had his birthday party on Sunday at mPowerdome, which is a local indoor sports centre. There were 16 of his friends and 2 party hosts ... the party hosts wore the kids out playing European handball, indoor soccer and dodgeball. He wanted an ice cream cake which was eaten up very quickly.

Then yesterday for his actual birthday we had a family bbq - mum and dad came over too. He requested vanilla cupcakes.

Anthony came up with a great idea: he asked me to get some photos from all of Conor's birthdays and we put them on the digital photo frame. So we've been playing that all week. I think I'll do the same for Christmas too!

Happy birthday cutie pie! I love you!

4 comments:

  1. What a great photo!! Happy Birthday Conor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Birthday photo! It's great that you have photos from all Conor's birthdays - my photo's of the girls are very random, but I didn't realise this until I started scrapbooking! I even managed to miss one Christmas altogether (photo wise that is!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little Conner too, he just turned 6 this month! Fabulous photo of your boy blowing out his candles! Thank you for your lovely comment on my cards and for visiting my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Power Poppy June Challenge - Round and Round

When I saw this month's Power Poppy challenge on Kathy Jones' blog I knew I wanted to play along.  I have several sets of gorgeous...