Sunday, June 5, 2016

Tim Holtz Summer of Creative Chemistry

OK, so it's been a few months since my last post (in which I said one of my goals for 2016 was to get back into blogging!), but I'm back today posting a card I made for two challenges. Firstly, Tim Holtz is debuting "Creative Chemistry 103" at Online Card Classes, and in the lead up to that new class starting, he is issuing challenges related to CC 101 and CC 102.

Tim's first challenge, based on Days 1 and 2 of Creative Chemistry 101, was to use at least four colours of Distress in a new project.

Here is my card:  I used Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, Tumbled Glass and Wilted Violet on the background, with Tim's blended distress/spritz & flick technique.



I mentioned that this card was for two challenges. The second challenge was hosted by the Passionate Paper Creations and Friends Facebook page and it was simply to use a Power Poppy image on a project. As it was my birthday last week and I still need to give thank you cards to a few friends, I chose the Lavender stamp set to make my cards.

To stamp the image, I used another of Tim's techniques - the brushless water colour - I used Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Wilted Violet inks on my stamp.

Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power Poppy June Challenge - Round and Round

When I saw this month's Power Poppy challenge on Kathy Jones' blog I knew I wanted to play along.  I have several sets of gorgeous...