Wednesday, August 31, 2011

China Doll aka me 1/4 of a lifetime ago!


I have been reading a fantastic book called "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" by Lisa See. This has been the first book that our new online book club, hosted by Suzanne Dean at Color Me Creative has read together.

The book is about friendship and life lessons. It's set in China in the 1800s and has been a fascinating read. We were challenged to create a project inspired by the book in some way. And I knew straight away what I wanted to do.

Back when we were living in Hong Kong, I think around 2000, I went to Shenzhen (a Chinese industrial city just across the border from HK) with some of my students. Apparently it's quite a popular thing to do to go to Shenzhen and get some photos taken. We got our hair and makeup done and got to choose our outfits. The photographer was amazing - he only took one of each outfit/pose/hair do and all the photos turned out.

The sketch for this LO was created by Aphra Boyler from The Scrap Room!

So here I am as a China Doll


No comments:

Post a Comment

Power Poppy June Challenge - Round and Round

When I saw this month's Power Poppy challenge on Kathy Jones' blog I knew I wanted to play along.  I have several sets of gorgeous...